Sunday, May 16, 2010

weddings and video games

Drew and I agree on most things, but we don't agree on video games. I don't like them, and I don't see the point. (when I was in college, a guy down the hall was parked in front of his TV with some controller in his hand every single night. I heard that later he became a video game tester) I harbor negative stereotypes about those who play video games (hello? go out and interact with real live people!). I am what you might call a "gamist."

Drew is not the kind of guy who's glued to his computer or TV playing video games day in an day out (seeing as how I'm a gamist, I guess I wouldn't be with him if he were), but he does like to play here and there. I'm sure that my video game aversion is unfair. It's unfortunate that I'm such a gamist, but I'm never going to come around to them. I know video games are a hobby, similar to reading a book or playing tennis. But I still don't see the point of sitting in front of your computer or TV, playing a game in which the purpose is to shoot people up.

The other day, Drew texted me a picture of two things I detest wrapped into one: a wedding video game. See below:

The caption to his text says this: "To get you into video games, I thought I'd start with this." My reply? "Only if I get to shoot the bridezillas!"

I can't believe that there is such a thing as a wedding video game. I don't have enough time to articulate everything that is wrong with this.

1 comment:

Christina Rodriguez said...

Good god. We need to play that game just to see what the heck the point is. With any luck it is a parody of all the awful wedding cliches.