Wednesday, August 25, 2010

fleas and moving

Do you know how many loads of laundry it takes to wash ALL of my clothes and bedding? Ten. Are you wondering how I know this? It's because of the fleas. My apartment has them. So does the apartment above me. And the apartment above them. And none of us has pets. I blame the hot weather and the apartment next door (two cats). It's weird to have fleas, but no pets. I imagine that on some level, this must be what it's like for a non-smoker to have lung cancer (except obviously, for the part about how lung cancer is tragic and fatal, but fleas are not).

So anyway, it had been a quiet August, until the fleas. My roommate, who is THIS CLOSE to graduating, has moved out. Of course there had to be a flea fiasco; they couldn't let her off easy. And Drew and I are finally going to move in together, at the beginning of October. I say finally because we live in two separate housing communities, and with all the red tape, our move in date kept getting pushed back. So now it is finally happening, but we won't be bringing the fleas.

No comments: