Wednesday, February 23, 2011

an update

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, let's see what I've been up to since we've last chatted. I filed my taxes and filled out my FAFSA. I learned how to peel and dice a mango, thanks to Mark Bittman. (It's easiest if you peel the skin off with a vegetable peeler and then cut out the flesh from the pit. There, now you can do it too) I went to the eye doctor and learned that I've cured myself of astigmatism. I went to the dentist and learned I have no cavities. (daily flossing sure pays off!) I got my hair cut. Um, what else? Drew and I went hiking a couple weekends ago. We took a cooking class at the ARC (Anteater Recreation Center) and learned to make dumplings. This Tuesday we are taking a pasta class. I ran 2 and a half miles this morning. Okay, clearly it's been a ho hum couple of weeks, but I thought I should write something.

Drew and I have decided to try our hand at "gardening." (We don't actually have a garden, but we are on the waiting list for a garden plot in our housing community) We planted some herbs in some flowerpots, and they are sitting on our porch. Drew and I are trying to be somewhat ambitious here, but really, we have no idea what we're doing. For instance, the seed packets said to space the seeds a few inches (there was probably some definite number, but I'm not going to get up and go look right now) a part. So do those instructions apply to container gardening too? We didn't know, so we dumped the whole packet in the pot. We'll see what happens, and I'll let you know. There may even be pictures.

No comments: