Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a few rambling thoughts

So, I have not had a chance to photograph my office yet. Sorry about that. The walls are bright pink (think Pepto Bismol) and the door is a chalkboard now. I am getting new officemates soon, and I hope that they share in my enthusiasm of pink.

We start classes on Thursday, and I'm staying mildly busy and nice and relaxed. I submitted another draft of my qualifier, I'm RAing for BG, reading interesting books that I don't have time to read during the quarter (see my list in the sidebar), watching movies, crocheting, running, and going to yoga and pilates classes. And, I'm thinking about knitting myself a sweater. Just thinking about it.

Speaking of yoga and pilates, whenever I leave Yoga Shakti, there is this smell of mini donuts permeating the air. For those of you who are not familiar with the area, Yoga Shakti is in the University Center which is filled with some shops, restaurants, Trader Joe's, and a Jack in the Box. So, I know that the mini donut smell is coming from the Jack in the Box, and I wonder what the hell is on their menu that could possibly resemble mini donuts. Anyway, maybe I'll check it out sometime, but for now, it's a mystery. Any ideas?

I have a confession to make: I am addicted to Gossip Girl. I have no idea how this could have possibly happened, but I am. I started watching the new season, and I'm hooked. Oh so hooked. Season 1 is on my Blockbuster queue, and I have watched 3 of the 5 discs. Number 4 just came in the mail today, so I'm indulging myself tonight. And by the way, don't you hate it how DVD's are labelled as containing the complete season, yet it contains only 4 episodes?

All right, I'm done. I'm off to bake some cookies now. Stay tuned.

No comments: