Wednesday, June 17, 2009

summer, week 1

I dropped Drew off at the airport on Sunday morning. He is in D.C. for the summer, working, and won't be back until mid-September. It sounds like a long time, but I am visiting at the beginning of July (over my birthday!) and then again sometime in mid-August. Being gone the whole summer sounds overwhelming, so I've broken his absence into chunks- I'll be in D.C. in 2-1/2 weeks. Then it will be about another month before I see him again in D.C. and then a month before he's home. I was anxious about being apart for 3 months, but he reminded me that it was basically no different than a quarter, and we know how fast those pass by. When he said this, I got anxious for entirely different reasons- I have a lot of work to get done in a short amount of time.

No comments: