Sunday, May 1, 2011

marmalade and seedlings

Drew and I spent Easter last weekend visiting my Oceanside family. In addition to bringing home gardening tips, we also brought home some meyer lemons. I used most of them to make lemon rosemary bars, and I used the rest to make marmalade. I went to the farmers market to pick up a grapefruit and 2 oranges to round out my 3 citrus marmalade.
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the marmalade, but I keep eating it and Drew enjoys it. When I was at the farmers market yesterday, I saw a vendor selling tomatoes, so salsa may be the next canning project.

The gardening is still, well, going. We went to water it today, and the first thing Drew said was "well, we didn't kill anything." Clearly, we have set a low bar here. Our tomato plant isn't looking too good, but our peppers are still alive. We planted sage, basil, and mint last weekend and snap beans today.

A couple weeks ago, I started sowing tomato seeds and eggplant seeds inside. It shouldn't be long until we can plant them outside.

No comments: