Tuesday, April 30, 2013

veggie sushi and chinese chicken salad

I'm back. April was crazy. We barely cooked at all, and I think we turned the oven on once and that was to make a Costco pizza. And so we stayed in last weekend and actually cooked. And baked.

It all began with pickled daikon and carrots. The recipe calls for way, way too much salt, but I've got it figured out now. Instead of 1/4 cup of salt, I add just 1 tablespoon. 
We made veggie sushi, with tofu, cucumber, avocado, green onions, and the pickled daikon and carrots. To be more precise, Drew and I made veggie sushi burritos, not proper sushi. All the rolling and cutting is just too much for us and more complicated than it should be.
As a way to further detox, we also made a Chinese chicken salad, which is loosely based on Giada's Chinese Turkey Salad.
Let's just hope we don't have another month like April.

No comments: