Thursday, June 13, 2013

tofu and pickled beet sandwiches

A few years ago, I spent a summer in Ann Arbor, on the University of Michigan campus. It was there that I discovered my love of sandwiches. I, uh, also learned a lot of statistics, but that's just not as tasty. Or interesting to blog about. Anyway, I had no idea that I harbored such a love of sandwiches, but when I was in Ann Arbor, it occurred to me that in contrast to the Univ of MI and Univ of MN campus (where I went to college), there really aren't good sandwich places on or near the UCI campus. 

But, there is Gogi, so I guess that might make up for the lack of good sandwiches.

Anyway, sandwiches are awesome, and I usually make them myself these days. Last week, we made tofu and pickled beet sandwiches. 
The recipe is from Bon Appetit and was supposed to be made with eggplant, but ours went bad in the fridge, so we baked up some tofu instead. I've been getting into pickled veggies lately, and they add some nice tang and crunch to sandwiches, and also, well, anything. 

No comments: