Monday, August 20, 2007

It's not the Heat, it's the Humidity

Lately, it has been hot here in sunny California- humid and temperatures in the mid 80s. Of course, it is nowhere near as uncomfortable as the most humid days that I've experienced in Minnesota or South Carolina. We don't have air conditioning in my apartment, but there is a nice breeze. Nevertheless, I have been spending my days at my air conditioned office or at the pool. I find myself wishing for a winter day; of course, I mean a 60 degree California "winter" day, not a below zero Minnesota day.

I have started RAing for my Sociology professor, KB. Our research interests are compatible (gender, abortion, women in government), so it is a good match and I am eager to build a relationship with her. At the moment I am keeping busy compiling data for her, sorting membership compositions of committees. It is tedious, but a good learning experience. KB was one of my professors last spring when I took her class called Gender, Family, and the Welfare State. I wrote a paper about citizenship and abortion for that class, and I will be expanding it under KB's guidance. I am excited to take this paper further, and I hope that it becomes a qualifier.

No comments: