Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Operation Chocolate Chip Cookie: Trial 5

I conducted my 5th trial in my search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. This recipe came from my friend, Ashley, so I had to try it out immediately. As I mentioned before, I like trying out my friends' family recipes and baking them things that remind them of home. Of course I had to bake these cookies for Ashley. Anyway, it was my first dabble into making cookies with shortening. So, these cookies were beautiful- lots of chocolate chips, not too flat, seemingly perfect. However, the taste was subtle, and the cookies were crisp. Crunchy, in fact. Good dipped in milk, but not great, but it does bring me a bit closer to finding the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I'm not sure how I feel about the shortening- it was more bland than butter. To Ashley, these are the perfect chocolate chip cookies, and I was just glad that she was so happy that I made them.

In academic news, I turned in a new draft of my qualifier to KB and DM. I worked really hard on it this past weekend, and I'm confident that I've overcome my most recent plateau. I don't expect them to sign off just yet, but I'm hoping that this is the one before the ONE that gets signed off.

No comments: