Thursday, May 15, 2008

Operation Chocolate Chip Cookie: Trial 6

Still on the chocolate chip cookie mission. This time, I made Double Chocolate Chip Cookies II from The Search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie. The recipe promised soft and chewy cookies, but I was quite paranoid that I was going to overbake the cookies and end up with crunchy ones. These cookies get their chocolate flavor from lots of cocoa and then their texture from the chocolate chips. Check out the picture:

These cookies are rich, soft, a bit delicate and almost like a brownie. Heidi appreciated that the cookie was not overpowering. I made plenty of cookies to go around: Danielle took a bunch to her lab and I gave KB and LD a special stash. To be clear, I'm not bribing my professors. Rather, I'm extending a thank you and doing a nice gesture- KB has been a great mentor so far through this qualifier process and LD just wrote me a letter of support for summer funding. Plus, I just like baking and it makes people so happy. Really. It seems like such a small gesture, but people love homemade goodies. Anyway, this cookie was great and got rave reviews. All of my cookies have received great feedback so far; Of course, I doubt that anyone will actually tell me that I've found the perfect chocolate chip cookie because that would mean that the mission is over.

No comments: