Tuesday, November 18, 2008

simply recipes=online recipe bible

I am obsessed with all things pumpkin right now. I've baked pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin muffins, and now pumpkin bread. I ate some pumpkin chocolate bread at Peet's last Friday, and I knew that I could bake a better loaf. So I went home and found a recipe online. Against my normal baking practices, I tried a recipe from this unknown blog. The bread was awful and disappointing. So I modified a recipe from the Simply Recipes blog, my online recipe bible. I drizzled a layer of melted chocolate in between the batter. It was awesome. My roommate raved. I took 2 loaves (one with chocolate, one without) to my comparative legal institutions class on Monday. I don't mean to brag, but I'm going to--I got more rave reviews.

Thanks to Simply Recipes, I can now make Chinese food too. So, I used to not to make Chinese food myself because it intimidated me. Then I tried out a couple recipes posted from this guest blogger from the Steamy Kitchen: Modern Asian Cooking blog. So far I have made Sweet and Sour Chicken and Broccoli Beef. Oh and fried rice. I cannot express how happy it makes me to know that I don't need to pop open a bag of frozen veggies to make Chinese food. When I learn how to make Sesame Chicken, I think my life will be complete.

1 comment:

Amanda Ebner said...

Can you tell I'm just now catching up on your blog?

That said, I cannot read any more delicious food posts unless you start bringing samples to Movements. :)