Sunday, March 15, 2009

random updates

I promise you that I have not abandoned this blog. We are wrapping up the winter quarter, and finals week starts tomorrow. I have 3 short papers due tomorrow, and I've been busy writing a little bit each day. I was also sick last week- I came super close to evading the awful flu bug that's been going around this quarter. I guess the end of the quarter caught up to me.

Anyway, I went to the beach last weekend, took a nice long walk and had dinner with a friend. It was a bit chilly outside, but we're tough cookies. We watched the sunset, and it was really nice, calming, peaceful, and relaxing. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Hmmm, what else is going on? Speaking of cookies, I have been satisfying my Girl Scout Cookie fix lately- I've bought cookies along Ring Road, at the Asia Noodle Cafe, and outside Trader Joe's. And finally, my friend and I made vegetarian meatballs and homemade red sauce last night. Actually, he made everything; I made brownies and had clean up duty. Dinner was phenomenal. Homemade red sauce looked really easy to make- he sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic, and a red pepper and added all of this to a can of chopped tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Mmmmm...

Okay, that's all for now!

No comments: