Sunday, August 2, 2009

baseball and nachos

Last weekend, the Minnesota Twins were here to play the Angels and I went to the game on Sunday. Actually, I almost didn't make it to that game, and in case you're wondering why, it's because I got my dates mixed up and I thought the game was in August, not July. Anyway, never fear, I made it to the game to cheer on the Twins, who won by the way.

My friend and I showed up early for Fan Photo Day, which is when fans line up along the periphery of the ball field and take photos of the players as they make their way around. It is announced that players will not stop and pose for pictures, but if you are a child or a hot woman, there are exceptions.

The game was during the day, so it was hot under the blazing sun. Justin Morneau hit like 2 homeruns, I think. Or maybe it was someone else. Anyway, I got an order of nachos, and my friend offered me $10 if I ate the whole thing. Here they are:
It took me a half an hour, but I polished them off. It wasn't painful or anything, but I'm pretty sure I could feel my arteries constricting. By the way, I will no longer be accepting challenges to eat full orders of nachos again.

No comments: