Wednesday, October 7, 2009

game 163

Did you catch the tiebreaking nailbiter between the Twins and the Tigers last night? The regular season stretched to game 163 to determine who would win the AL Central title. It was a tense game that went back forth all the way to 12 innings (I tuned in until the top of the 11th). I yelled so loudly at my TV that I feared that one of my neighbors would call the police with a noise complaint. The Twins fought hard, played well, and came out on top.

Today, the Twins lost the first game against the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs. It's a David v Goliath match up, as the Twins are now 0-8 against the Yankees this season and not so good on the road. For the next week, the BF's life and mine will revolve around baseball. Drew is a hard core Yankees fan, and I'm obviously a Twins fan. Things could get a little ugly.

I barely remember when the Minnesota Twins won the World Series. They won in 1987 and 1991, and I can't think of many other things besides another World Series championship that I would like to see in my lifetime. This year probably won't be the year. Damn you Yankees.

By the way, if the Angels beat the Red Sox, we are going to a playoff game! I'm so excited by this possibility that I might not even care too much if it's against the Yankees.

No comments: