Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010

I'm still in Virginia, enjoying the snow and 30 degree weather. It's windy here, and the winds chill my face and my bones, but I know that I'll miss the blustery winter weather when I get back to California.

There are less than two days remaining in 2009, and I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions. I don't really believe in them because I think every day is an opportunity to resolve to be a better person and improve ourselves. Next Monday is the start of the winter quarter, and I've been thinking about how it seems like I do believe in new quarter resolutions. It seems that every quarter, I tell myself that this is the quarter that I won't procrastinate and resolve to start my class papers early in the quarter or that this is the quarter where I don't let exercise fall by the wayside or that this is the quarter where I balance my time better so I don't get stressed out around the eighth week. And so on.

So when the winter quarter starts on Monday, I will resolve to stop putting exercise on the back burner. I've been keeping up with yoga, but not as much as I would like (or need to be). I don't have a New Year's resolution, but my new quarter resolution is to exercise on a regular basis and get myself to the ARC three or four times a week.

No comments: