Thursday, December 10, 2009

a quick update

I guess I've been kind of busy the last couple weeks. Doing what? Not really sure. You'd think it was the end of the quarter or something. I don't really have an excuse, after all, I'm not taking classes so I'm not frantically working on class papers.

I've been reading (as usual), baking (peanut butter crunch fudge, hazelnut bark, pumpkin bread), answering student emails (their final was this morning), eating (Mexican food the other day at Super Antojitos), and thinking about how 2009 is almost over and 2010 is nipping at my heels. What this really means is that I've been contemplating how I'm going to be 30 next July. But not to worry, age is just a number, right? After all, yesterday my eyebrow waxer told me that I look 15.

There was a snowstorm here in Southern California a few days ago, but I think this is a fabrication since snow is nowhere to be found. I see it on the mountain tops, taunting me. It can't be real. Drew and I are heading to VA in a week, and damn it, there had better be snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately VA is not known for having many "White Christmases." And gosh darn it don't I miss that! Green grass on Christmas....

You might luck out though. They're having a cold front.