Monday, December 13, 2010

baking!

Have you been to Trader Joe's for the "Astounding Multi-Flavor Joe-Joe's"? Well why not? Go get yourself a box, I'll wait.

The Astounding Multi-Flavor Joe-Joe's, as they are called, is a box of 4 different kinds of Joe-Joe's (which are kind of like Oreos). Each kind of Joe-Joe is dipped in chocolate. There's peppermint, double chocolate, peanut butter, and ginger. Great for the holiday season (I swear, I'm not getting paid to say this). Well, I decided to make my own Joe-Joe's, a vegan version. My dearest friend is vegan, and well, why should she miss out on the Joe-Joe fun? (this sounds a bit x-rated, but trust me, I am referring to cookies)
I made peppermint, plain, and peanut butter. The cookies were so rich and decadent, so I dipped only half of them in chocolate. I also made a gingerbread cookie bar in my snowflake pan. I heard that a Trader Joe's recently opened up in Rochester, MN, which is great news. Now my parents can get in on the Joe-Joe fun and I don't have to mail them a box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these were the best EVER! Chris with a 'K, you are a master baker!