Monday, December 13, 2010

let it snow!

Well, the rumors are true: Drew and I made a last minute decision and decided to go to Minnesota for Christmas. We kept hearing all the reports of the record snow, below zero wind chills, and the Metrodome roof caving in. It all sounded so enticing, we asked ourselves how we could possibly resist a visit. (when I say 'we,' I really mean 'I') It certainly sounds like quite the winter vacation destination, wouldn't you say?

I haven't been to Minnesota in 3 years. You're probably thinking to yourself "well, I can see why, what with all that snow and cold!" We're probably pretty crazy to go right now. Yesterday it was 80 and sunny and we went to the beach, while temperatures were in the single digits in Minnesota (I think I'm being generous with that estimation). Despite the weather forecast, I am looking forward to having a real winter. In fact, I genuinely miss the cold and snow.

Drew, however, is not a fan of winter. When the temperature dips below 60, he's in his scarf and mittens just like all those California natives. I'm just kidding. This isn't entirely true (it's the California natives, not Drew, bundled up in cold weather gear). But he does get a little whiny and complain about the "cold" weather.

This is Drew's first trip to Minnesota, and I hope the weather doesn't scare him away. When we decided to make the trip, I strategically booked plane tickets before checking the weather forecast. And before showing Drew a Facebook photo of my cousin's car buried under several feet of snow. When I told Drew about the weather forecast, I told him that there was good news and bad news. The bad news was that the temperature was like 1 degree, but the good news was that it should be in the 20s during our trip. It appears to be warming up.

I'm crossing my fingers for warm weather, so about mid 20s. Do you hear me Minnesota? That's all I'm asking for. Three years is much too long.

1 comment:

Christina Rodriguez said...

Yay! You're coming out here! Let us know if you can get together for a drink or something. We'd love to visit with you if you have the time!