Sunday, February 2, 2014

in january

In January, I made a blue cheese and caramelized onion gallette from A Year of Pies
And a pot pie stew and sweet potato biscuits from Appetite for Reduction.
I also discovered some new blogs. The first is A Sweet Spoonful, which I heard about from Eating From the Ground Up and Orangette. The blogger, Megan Gordon, from A Sweet Spoonful recently released a cookbook called Whole Grain Mornings. I haven't flipped through the cookbook, but I've been perusing Gordon's blog. I like her writing style and her stories, and I like her emphasis on whole grains. I made steel cut oats with a blueberry compote (her recipe calls for cranberries, but I didn't have any one hand).
I also stumbled upon The Chubby Vegetarian. I made a veggie meatloaf
and veggie meatballs
and a barbeque eggplant sandwich with caesar cole slaw.
I've also been reading The Kitchn and Food52 and my name is yeh.

No comments: