Monday, September 3, 2007

APSA: Day 2

I woke up at 7 am, intending to go to an 8 am panel. Instead, I went back to sleep. I went to a panel at 10 am titled Interests, Identities and the Struggle for Equality in 20th Century US Politics. One presenter discussed social movements, another discussed the incorporation of sport in Title IX, one discussed small business, and another discussed the concentration of low voter turnout in the South. The presenter whose work was the most interesting and the most relevant to my own research was a professor who talked about women, citizenship, and equality. I briefly spoke with her after the panel, and she directed me to a paper that she had published last March. I look forward to being in contact with her.

My poster session was in the afternoon. Quite a few people turned out at the poster session, and I talked to a few of them. I explained our research and our findings. Some had questions, but most did not. Here is our poster:
After the session, Armando and I took a walk down to the river:

Later that evening Armando, Joe, and I went to the Sears Tower. The lobby had this art exhibit of globes about global warming.
This is the view on the way to the Sears Tower:

This is the view from the skydeck:

No comments: