Tuesday, September 4, 2007

APSA Recap

I had no expectations prior to going to APSA in Chicago. As a student entering her second year, I did not intend to focus on networking and meeting other grad students and professors. I am not at a point where networking would be truly beneficial. I met a few grad students and had a brief conversation with a professor, so I was pleased with the "networking" that I did. Most grad students do not start going to conferences until their second or third year, so I am already ahead of the game. My goal was to simply sit back and learn, acting as a sponge and absorbing everything.

I came back to a heat wave in California. It has finally cooled off and we have some relief! I also experienced my first earthquake last Sunday. Since I did not even realize that it happened, I guess I didn't really experience it. I am back in the office working on my data collection for KB, and I'm reading relevant literature so that I can nail down a research question to expand my abortion and citizenship paper. And finally, I'm getting organized so that I can expand my abortion attitudes paper. It will be a busy few weeks before classes start!

No comments: