Monday, September 3, 2007

APSA: Day 3

On my last day in Chicago, I decided to sightsee. Like my second day, I had intentions of waking up to attend an 8 am panel but it just didn't happen. So I checked out, checked my luggage, and headed out to explore the city.

I walked down to Millenium Park, this park with sculptures and an amphitheater. It also has "The Bean," this big mirror. It's really cool because it reflects and contorts the tall buildings.

Next stop: the Art Institute of Chicago. This museum reminded me a lot of the Minneapolis Institute of Art. It had such an extensive collection, but I stuck mostly to the modern, contemporary, and impressionist rooms.

I had a lot of time before my flight, so I headed to the Navy Pier. Of course, I snapped pictures along the way. The Navy Pier is very touristy. It has several restaurants, a ferris wheel, and it is the site of many boat tours. It also has a nice view of the skyline.
I paused long enough for a snack- a Chicago style hot dog:

At the end of my jam packed day, I stopped at Giordano's for some Chicago style pizza.

No comments: