Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Thought

I like to watch Grey's Anatomy, and I'm super excited that new episodes are now airing. Sure, I like the characters, the story line, etc., but I really like watching the show because it makes me glad that I'm not a doctor. When I watch Grey's Anatomy, grad school doesn't seem so bad. I never get paged at inconvenient times, I have a flexible schedule, nobody yells orders at me, there is no spurting blood, nobody's life is in my hands, and I'm never the bearer of bad news (except when I fail students, I guess). There was a point in my short little life when I thought that I was going to be a medical doctor. This, however, did not last long, and watching Grey's Anatomy validates my decision to be in graduate school instead of medical school. On the flip side, there are drawbacks to watching the show: I always get paranoid and think, crap, what if I get that rare tumor/disease/cancer/disorder?

No comments: