Saturday, April 4, 2009

UCDC baby!

In all of the hectic-ness of Week 1, I almost forgot to tell you some good news. I have been accepted as a Teaching Associate for the UCDC program. Undergraduates from UCI and the UC Riverside campuses go to DC for a quarter to take a couple classes and intern. In the past, the program sent a graduate student to serve as a Teaching Assistant, but next year the grad student will instead be a Teaching Associate and be in charge of teaching two classes. So in addition to teaching two classes, I will be working on fieldwork for my to-be-determined dissertation. I will be spending one quarter in DC, and can you guess which quarter? That's right, Winter, 2010. My winter attire will finally see the light of day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats! glad you're going to be in a real city and where you can get by without a car

Amanda Ebner said...

HELL YEAH! Oh I am so excited for DC fun, and yes, our "to be determined" dissertations. :)