Monday, July 6, 2009

d.c., day 1

First up on my first day in in D.C. was breakfast with Drew. He whipped up some breakfast burritos, a favorite that we never make the same way twice. This version had eggs, swiss cheese, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, garlic hummus, and actual garlic too. Mmmm, very good. We decided to head down to the National Mall, via Dupont Circle.
Next we stopped by the White House. It was full of people, which I'm sure is not unusual. There were also a few protesters, but neither Drew nor I can remember what they were protesting.
I stopped for a firecracker popsicle in front of the National Treasury.
The National Mall is much bigger than I'd anticipated. It's definitely not something that you can walk in a day. Random Trivia: The National Mall is actually a National Park. Who knew? Drew and I stopped at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. Below, I break the rules and pose with one of the sculptures.
A break in front of the fountain:
We finished up the day with fireworks on the National Mall. How cool is that? Check it out:

No comments: