Saturday, March 27, 2010

the happiest place on earth

Drew and I went to Disneyland last Thursday. The weather was beautiful, and while there were lots of people there, I imagine that the crowd could have been worse. Drew had never been there before, but I had been to Disney World a few times. Even so, I did want to check out Disneyland while I'm here.

Disneyland really is like Disney World, except on a smaller scale. There's no Epcot, but you still have Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
The highlights of the day included the Matterhorn Bobsleds and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. By the way, if you think about it, aren't the Pirates of the Caribbean kind of un-Disney? I mean, there is a ride and a series of movies about criminals. Pirates loot, plunder, and pillage, yet we romanticize them and glorify them. I'm just sayin.'

I love Piglet, but I wasn't willing to wait out a long line to get on the Winnie the Pooh ride, so I settled for a photo. Yes, Eeyore is in the background, but Piglet was nowhere to be found.
Here we are on Main Street:
All in all, it was a good day and we had a fun time. By the way, I don't know how parents survive Disneyland. We were dragging our feet by the end of the day, and all we had to worry about was ourselves. How do parents do it?

No comments: