Tuesday, January 4, 2011

drink water

If I could impart a piece of advice right now (and hey, looks like I am!), it would be to drink water. Seeing as it's 4 days into the new year, perhaps you could add it to your list of resolutions, if you're into that sort of thing. But seriously, drink water. Lots of studies extol the virtues of drinking water. You're probably thinking that I'm hardly in a position to be imparting advice. I know. I'm young. I have little life experience. And I'm hardly a water expert.
But here's why I think I'm a bit of an authority on drinking water: When I was home in Minnesota, I got my eyebrows waxed. And the esthetician told me that I had the best skin out of anyone she'd seen that day (it was well into the afternoon, in case you're wondering). This is not the first time that I've been told this. I had always chalked up my youthful appearance to good genes and being Asian. But when I told the esthetician that I don't have a fancy skin care routine, she asked if I drank water. And I said yes. So there you have it: water is truly the fountain of youth. I'm sure that it doesn't hurt that I've never been smoker. Or that I've never set foot in a tanning bed. But apparently, the importance of drinking water cannot be overlooked.
It's been quiet here since we've returned from our trip to Minnesota. What I've really been thinking about and what I really want to blog about is Michael Vick, but I didn't want to start the new month and new year by complaining. And so instead, I decided to be much more optimistic and sing the praises of water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just decided this morning to drink more water and was just thinking about and getting pissed at Micheal Vick myself. Your blog post hit the spot this morning!