Saturday, June 25, 2011

mount palomar winery

Temecula is known for its wineries, and we couldn't leave without visiting one.
Drew and I decided to check out the Mount Palomar Winery. He doesn't drink wine (except maybe dessert wine), but I decided to do a wine tasting. I tasted 6 different wines, choosing from a variety of white wines, red wines, and dessert wines. We ended the tasting with a rich dessert wine that had notes of hazelnut and caramel. It was really good, and we went home with a bottle.
The winery was quite pretty and we had a nice walk around the grounds.
The wineries are only a few miles outside of Temecula, but you'd never know it with these views:
Here is the wedding/special event section:


And the endless grape vines:
All in all, the winery had about 50 acres of land. (I know this because I asked, not because I'm a land surveyor or anything)






This was a great way to wrap up our mini-vacation. We got back to Irvine on Wednesday, and yesterday morning, Drew left for Beijing. He will be gone for 7 weeks to learn Chinese. He is enrolled at a language program at Beijing Normal University. I will try to keep you posted on his adventures.

No comments: