Monday, July 15, 2013

cheddar onion rolls

My mom used to say that I bake (or cook) for compliments. I'd be lying if I said she was wrong. Growing up, whenever I made something, I'd subtly fish for compliments, asking everyone if they enjoyed whatever it was that I made. 

I don't really do this anymore.

Not really.

Because sometimes, you just know if it's good. 

As I've mentioned before, I run most Sunday mornings with a running group, and we follow up our run with breakfast. Most of the time, we eat out, but sometimes, we stay in and cook. Last weekend, we did just that, and for the occasion, I made cheddar onion rolls, from the Smitten Kitchen's cookbook

And they were really good.

But, I had the feeling they would be. As I was grating the onion, I thought to myself "these are going to be so good. Everyone's going to love these." 

And they did. 

No comments: