Monday, July 15, 2013

stir fried tomatoes and eggs

Drew and I were introduced to stir fried tomatoes and eggs when we were in Beijing together, 3 years ago. I believe it was our first meal there. Since then, I've tried my best to replicate this dish, but nothing I've made compares to what we ate in Beijing.
Drew has been in Beijing for 2 weeks now, and he's eaten this dish many times, sometimes with rice and sometimes with noodles. So in his honor, and because my tomatoes suddenly began ripening all at once, I made this a couple times last week. It's a very simple dish- just tomatoes, eggs, scallions, salt, pepper, and sugar. It doesn't really require a recipe, but I used this one, from Appetite for China. It was good, but definitely not as good as the versions I ate in Beijing. 

No comments: