Friday, July 12, 2013

frosted sugar cookies

I have a confession to make.

You know those frosted sugar cookies packaged up in plastic and decorated with their seasonal sprinkles? 

I love them. 

Shhhhh. 
I'm not sure where the fascination comes from. I think they're tied to memories of Girl Scout camp, when I was a counselor. I think I ate my fair share in the staff house. 

And now, I see them taunting me in Target, but I find the willpower to resist. I'm always tempted, but I just can't buy them. I try my best to steer clear of pre-packaged foods with ingredients I can't pronounce and these cookies have so many preservatives that they last long enough to go on sale long after the holiday they were intended for has passed. 

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I found a recipe and immediately made them. A lot of them. The recipe calls for one stick of butter, and upon seeing this, I thought 1) whoa, only one stick of butter? and 2) whoa, since when did I become Paula Deen? 

I loved these cookies. They're soft and fluffy, and hit the spot. 

No comments: