Saturday, August 16, 2008

sights of the u of m

Let me give you a walking tour of the University of Michigan campus. I will start with this giant rock on the corner of Hill and Washtenaw, just a couple steps outside my front door. It seems as though this rock gets painted nearly every other day for all sorts of occasions. I've been here for a month, and I've lost count of how many times it's been painted. U of M students paint this rock blue for game days, and their Ohio rivals have been known to paint over it in red.Next up: This giant cube outside the Michigan Union. You can't tell, but it spins on its axis. Kind of cool.
I've walked through this park many times between Newberry and class.
This is the entrance to the "Diag," a long diagonal path (get it?) through campus.


The Law Quad:

The periphery of campus is surrounded by coffeeshops, restaurants, bars, and shops. Lots of activity, and lots to do. Another note: You've probably noticed that I've omitted the Big House- unfortunately, the Stadium is currently under construction.

No comments: