Wednesday, August 20, 2008

they confiscated the peanut butter

I almost made it through security without a hitch, but the official airport security people had to search my luggage. Turns out that I had accidentally packed a jar of peanut butter in my carry on. ( And, it turns out that peanut butter is considered a liquid.) Now, this wasn't just any jar of peanut butter. I'm not talking about Skippy or Jif. No, this was a jar of P.B. Loco peanut butter. P.B. Loco is a Minnesota-based company founded by 3 former lawyers. It serves up flavored gourmet peanut butters and funky sandwiches. I discovered the store a few years ago at the Mall of America, and I was hooked. There are many cool flavors (they may sound strange, but they taste sooooo good!)- mocha, banana, Asian curry, sun dried tomato, cinnamon raisin, white chocolate raspberry, etc.

While in Ann Arbor, I came across these peanut butters in a spice shop. I was really excited, and I bought the chocolate chip cookie dough peanut butter. My knitting needles, hand cream, and contact solution passed through security just fine, but sadly, the official airport security people confiscated the peanut butter. Boo. I'll get over it. And order peanut butter online.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kris, all you had to do was ask us! We'll pick some up for you during our next trip to the grocery store and I'll send it off ASAP.