Wednesday, October 8, 2008

confessions

I have a confession to make: I am losing my cold weather immunity. Hey, it's not like I'm breaking out the scarves, mittens, and coats. It's not that bad, and I hope that it never will be- I'd sooner suffer than wear a scarf in October. Don't get me wrong- I welcome the drop in temperature. Just the other day, I called my dad to complain about the scorching 90 degree days.

I first noticed that I'm losing the cold weather immunity about a month ago. Unlike the 2 previous Septembers, I noticed a slight drop in temperature when the sun went down. I noticed a cooler nighttime air. Sometimes I would forgo the usual skirt and put on a pair of jeans. My roommate (a native New Yorker who's lived here 2 years longer than me) confirmed what I had already suspected: my diminishing tolerance for cold weather. She had gone through a similar experience a couple years ago.

This is embarrassing, but here is further evidence that I'm losing the immunity. I just checked the weekend weather forecast to see if Saturday would be a good beach day. It's supposed to be 66 degrees on Saturday. I was surprised, and I actually thought to myself, "it's going to be cold on Saturday." I cannot believe that I just admitted this. You Minnesotans are probably shaking your head in disappointment and disbelief right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When will my immunity kick in? If you're giving yours up you might as well send it my way! Oh, and let us know if you're coming to MN anytime this winter (like for the holidays). Bring some of that warm Cali weather with you!