Friday, October 17, 2008

random thoughts

It has been about 15 years since I was in gymnastics, and I've realized that I can no longer do handstands and bridges like I used to. Tragic. I used to be able to do backbends and backwalkovers, and now I can barely do a handstand against the wall. Yesterday in yoga I learned that I can no longer do these gymnastic-y skills. BUT despite my lack of upper body strength, I can do crow, I am getting more flexible, and I feel my muscles getting stronger everyday. Stay tuned for the day that I can do handstands and bridges again.

I really have nothing exciting to say, but you probably already figured that out. Yesterday, we had our first Race/Ethnicity/Gender group meeting, and I presented my abortion rates paper. I got some good feedback. The next step will be revisions; then I'll send it out to see if it finds a home in some journal.

I made some awesome Sweet and Sour Chicken the other day. Try this recipe. It was so amazingly good; my words just aren't doing it justice.

No comments: