Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Crossword Puzzles: Day 12

People are always saying that the crossword puzzles become more difficult as the week progresses. I've usually dismissed this, but now I reluctantly agree. I'm still dutifully attempting the crossword puzzle everyday. Last week, I did them with my family in Oceanside, but I was back to doing them solo on Saturday. On Sunday, I knew the answers to only 3 clues. Then on Monday, I nearly completed the entire puzzle, leaving only about 5 clues blank. On Tuesday, I was back to completing about a third of the puzzle. Today, I've filled in only 2 clues so far.

It is clear that I don't know my geography. Of course, I don't need a crossword puzzle to tell me this. (I only recently learned that Sierra Leone is a country in Africa, and not an Indonesian island) In yesterday's crossword puzzle, I didn't know the Persian Gulf capital. I'm sure that it's something really easy and obvious, but I don't know what it is. In today's puzzle, I don't know an island east of Java or a Hawaii county seat.

I can't believe it's already day 12! Time sure flies when you're creating a new habit!

No comments: