Friday, December 12, 2008

candy cane cookies

Today, I called my Grandma C to verify the candy cookie recipe. Never have I discussed a recipe so in depth before. We went through the ingredients list, one by one. She made sure that I knew that I was supposed to use powdered sugar and not granulated sugar. Then she told me exactly how she makes the cookies. I'm going to try the recipe out this weekend, and if the cookies are inedible, I am going to make my grandma fly out to California and bake me cookies.

The temperature is dropping in Minnesota, but when I asked my grandpa about the weather, he said it's "not too bad." I checked the temperature for Minneapolis online. Apparently, "not too bad" is around 20 degrees.

We just wrapped up finals week today. I have about 70 exams to grade and one more paper due on Monday. I turned in my social movements paper yesterday, one that I've been working on pretty much all quarter. Whenever I turn in a paper, I get anxious and worry that my professor will read it and think "what is this crap?" and wonder what the hell I've been doing all quarter. I have got to figure out a way to get over this anxiety.

No comments: