Wednesday, January 6, 2010

143

I set a new personal best in bowling, and this deserves its own blog post. I have never, ever been good at bowling. I'm not even being modest here- I usually score in the 70s or maybe 80s. Sometimes, when I'm lucky I break 100, but this isn't too often. My all time best bowling score was 123, set in the summer of 1999. (how do I remember such a thing? I dunno.) Anyway, Drew and I have been bowling a few times lately, and I've been getting better. Today, I bowled a personal best of 143, and I got two strikes in a row. And I beat Drew by 4 pins. We bowl by the hour ($20 before 4:30 at Irvine Lanes), so we are able to bowl four games. He tends to get worse as the hour goes on, while I get better. As you might have guessed, this is the only reason that I was able to finally beat him.

No comments: