Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Grass is Always Greener...

I am bored. Really bored. I just can't be satisfied. You see, during the quarter, I always long for a weekend, a real weekend where I don't have to read and I don't have to write. I have one of those weekends right now, and I am incredibly bored. During the quarter, I would long for these unstructured weekends and a job where I would get real weekends. Well, the grass is always greener on the other side, right? I could be working right now, but I'd rather be bored. Maybe then I'll appreciate the frenzy that is grad school when the spring quarter starts tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon, I dabbled in some vegan baking. I have 2 friends who are vegan, and they have done wonders in challenging our perceptions of good food and positively exposing friends to good vegan food. They have inspired me to incorporate vegan baking into my repertoire. Below is a recipe from one of my newly purchased cookbooks: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I made Cinnamon Chocolate Cupcakes with a Peanut Butter Buttercream.
I have learned that vegan baking is painless, and it tastes so good. Seriously good. I told my friends that I probably won't become a vegan or even a vegetarian again, but I am definitely a more conscious eater.

No comments: