Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy (belated) Easter!

Happy Easter! I spent the weekend in Oceanside. We had an Easter morning brunch, and then I spent the afternoon sunbathing at the beach. It was fantastic, and I was able to appreciate the beautiful weather more so after having heard that there was snow in Minnesota.

My TA duties are officially over for the winter quarter. Today we met with MW to go over final grades and submit them to the registrar. I will miss TAing for MW- he was the first professor that I TAed for and he showed me the ropes. It seems that no two professors are alike with respect to their expectations of their TAs. Some are more high maintenance and others are pretty laid back. MW is definitely a hands off professor. Even though he prepares weekly discussion questions for us, we have the latitude to tweak his questions and tailor the sections to the needs of our students. MW checks in with us to make sure things are going okay, but he doesn't micromanage us.

This week is our spring break. I'm trying to rest up and get ready for another quarter. Okay, I must go out and enjoy another beautiful day!

No comments: