Thursday, March 27, 2008

Operation Chocolate Chip Cookies: Trial 1

I mentioned in an earlier post that I am on a mission to make the best chocolate chip cookies. So, last night was the first trial of this mission. The recipe is from the O-side family, who got the recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook. These cookies were quick and easy to make. They tasted a bit bland, but they were light and buttery. The bottoms were a little dark, but that's my fault and the recipe isn't to blame. Last night I went into a baking frenzy and made oatmeal cookies, blondies, and chocolate chip cookies.
So what makes for a good chocolate chip cookie? Well, have you ever walked into a bakery or a coffee shop and seen these mouth watering chocolate chip cookies? They are absolutely gorgeous-- these lovely, golden brown cookies. Anyway, this happens to me a lot, but I always know that these cookies will not taste as good as they look. So, I am on a mission to bake cookies that are chewy, pack some punch, and are aesthetically pleasing. As an avid baker, I have become a bit of a snob; store bought baked goods just aren't appealing, and I know that I can do better. Of course, my friends appreciate this snobbery as they are the eager taste testers of all my treats!

No comments: