Friday, March 28, 2008

Operation Chocolate Chip Cookies: Trial 2

Okay, so here's my second chocolate chip cookie trial. These cookies are good; they're chewy, moist, and soft. Now, most chocolate chip cookie recipes call for equal amounts of brown and sugar. For this recipe, I increased the brown sugar to white sugar ratio. I also added coconut for texture. To ensure soft cookies, I added the baking soda (alone) after I creamed the sugars with the butter and egg and before I added the flour, salt, and baking powder. (I read about this technique on a blog, so I gave it a try) Also, it seems that chocolate chip cookie recipes call for baking soda and not baking powder, but I have been adding a little of both just so the cookies rise and don't get too thin. I have about 5 more cookie recipes to try, so that will keep me busy...along with school, of course.
I have finally finished the pillow for Heidi and Katie!

No comments: