Monday, November 29, 2010

and we're off!

With Thanksgiving just barely behind me, the holiday baking was in full swing last weekend. In my last cake decorating class, I decorated a gingerbread layer cake with an apricot preserves filling. We learned how to make roses, and it turns out that they're not that difficult to make. I had a snowflake theme, but I included a rose since I just learned to make them.
I purchased a cookie press last weekend, which was quite possibly a bad decision. I adore spritz cookies, and I could not stop eating these. I think I ate over a dozen yesterday, nearly straight out of the oven. In an attempt to negate the calories, I ate 2 clementines. I don't think it worked.
I got an early Christmas present from Drew's parents. They must know how much I miss the snow, because they sent me snowflake cookie cutters, a snowflake baking dish, and a snowflake shortbread pan. Check it out:
And last but not least, Drew and I set up our new Christmas tree:
There's lots of holiday spirit over here!

1 comment:

Christina Rodriguez said...

Wow! You two aren't wasting any time! Can't wait to put our tree up. I'm ready for some holiday relaxing like nobody's business!