Wednesday, November 24, 2010

cupcake decorating and knitting

Last weekend was a busy one in the kitchen. I canned roasted red peppers and applesauce. And I made two batches of buttercream for my cake decorating class. In this class, we learned to make leaves and flowers and we decorated cupcakes.
This Saturday is my last cake decorating class, and it's a big one. We're going to learn to make roses and learn to write. We'll be decorating a layer cake, drawing on all of the techniques we've learned so far. It kind of feels like a final exam, except better, because there is no grade!

In other news, Drew and I moved in together nearly two months ago, and things are getting serious. That's right, this means that I am knitting him something. If you are a knitter, you know that it is a big deal to knit something for your partner. It's not your average knitting project. Why? Because you can't jump the gun and undertake it too early, lest you break up before the project is finished. That's why knitting something for your partner isn't something that should be taken lightly. So, about 3 months ago, I finally decided that if we're going to live together, then I suppose I can finally knit a scarf for Drew. And here it is:
Obviously, it's far from being finished. Knitting is a slow process, especially when you're following a pattern. But here it is, and at the rate I'm going, the scarf will be finished when we finally leave California and move somewhere with a real winter.

No comments: