Monday, November 1, 2010

so long october!

It just came to my attention today that we are halfway through the fall quarter. I knew that time was flying by, but I had no idea how fast! The past couple of weeks have been exciting ones. Drew and I have quickly settled in to our new place, unpacking and decorating. And we have survived, even though the Yankees swept the Twins in the first round of the playoffs.

Drew's brother Chris and his girlfriend, Hettie, came to visit us for a week. It was a low key and relaxed visit filled with Mexican food and tequila, but we did make it out to the Santa Monica pier:
As you may remember, I love fall! And I love pumpkins! Check it out:
Get it? It's a tree! I found this idea in a magazine, and Drew and I decided to load up on pumpkins and try it out. Drew did the bulk of the painting (specifically the tree branches) which is ironic, since I am the one with an art degree.

And finally, I finished another baby blanket. Seems like I can't crochet 'em fast enough!

No comments: