Friday, January 9, 2009

a comment about the weather

I'm blogging from Columbia, South Carolina where I am in town for Hawkeye's wedding. After multiple delays, we finally made it in to Columbia around midnight on Wednesday night. Jessica and I were on the same flight from Chicago to Charlotte, and we were delayed for about an hour. Then Sardean got delayed from Minneapolis, not once, but three times. Jamie and Hawkeye picked us up from the airport, and then we were reunited with Tripper in Columbia. We are all here now, having lots of fun. Here are the weather highlights:
I saw snow! I saw it from the plane when I landed in Chicago. It was beautiful! It was in the mid-20s in Chicago, and I could feel the cold when I got off the plane. It was very exciting!
It is colder in Columbia than in Southern California. When Sardean landed, it was probably in the high-30s. To her, it was warm, but to me, it was...uh...kind of chilly. She commented that it was t-shirt weather; meanwhile, I had wished that I had brought my jacket.
I saw frost! I saw it on Hawkeye's car this morning!
All right, I have to go now. We're mini golfing this morning! Don't worry, I will have lots of fun stories and pictures soon!

No comments: