Tuesday, January 27, 2009

weekend highlights

I didn't do a whole lot this weekend, except read. A lot. In fact, I read so much that sometimes the only way to see my friends is if I read with them, which is exactly what I did on Friday night. Anyway, I was at Peet's on Friday night, and I ate this most fabulous vegan ginger cookie. See, normally, I resist the baked goods at coffeeshops because I am not confident that the tasty looking muffin/cookie/pound cake is as tasty as it looks. But, I could not resist this cookie, which was so, so good. So, the vegan ginger cookie at Peet's has my seal of approval. Or stamp of approval, or whatever that saying is.

I found Rice Crispy Bars at Trader Joe's. (They are in the cookie aisle, which explains why I'd never noticed them before.) These are very good. I have a confession to make: I can't make Rice Crispy (or is it a K?) Bars. I can make the ones with peanut butter, but I can't make the "normal" ones with the marshmallows. I've tried 3 times in my short lifetime, and I've failed each time. I follow the recipe exactly as I'm supposed to, but they turn out rock solid. So, I was pretty excited to see that Trader Joe's sells Rice Crispy Bars. That is all.

I went to my usual (more or less) Sunday afternoon class, and I can now do the wheel. Pretty exciting. I can't really describe the wheel in a blog, but imagine a move that's like a back bend or a bridge. Something like that.

I had a mildly unfortunate experience with serrano chiles. (Damn you, Rachael Ray.) Anyway, it was only mild and definitely not as unfortunate as the jalapeno pepper incident two years ago.

No comments: