Monday, January 19, 2009

South Carolina: Days 3 and 4

And finally, the big day. We spent the morning doing the girly wedding stuff, like getting our hair done. Hawkeye commented that there is a lot of waiting on wedding days. You get your hair done, and then wait. Then you go eat lunch and head to the church. Then you get dressed and wait. Then we get pictures taken and wait. See the pattern? So, not a whole lot to say.
(me, Tripper, Sardean)

(flounder, Hawkeye, Tripper, Sardean)

The wedding ceremony was really nice, formal, and pretty short. We took more pictures after the ceremony and then headed to the reception. The reception was fun, and I danced a lot. (I love to dance so much that I would consider getting married just so I could have a wedding dance.) And, I learned to shag, which is not what you're thinking, but rather a dance that they do in the South.

Anyway, the next day we did brunch at Hawkeye and Brian's and they opened up wedding gifts. Not a whole lot to say, except that Hawkeye's parents gave them a nut roaster, which of course, generated a lot of laughs.

And that was my trip to Columbia. As you can imagine, I was exhausted when I got back to California, so I spent this past week getting my sleep and catching up on all my reading. I came home to a heat wave, which was really annoying. I actually miss snow and cold weather (I lingered in the tunnel from the airplane to the terminal on a layover in Chicago), and I can't stand this fake "winter" weather. So, I went to the beach yesterday, which I've found is the only way that I can tolerate this weather. I know, I know, I have issues. Sardean went home to windchills below zero, and here I complain about 80 degree weather.

No comments: