Monday, July 21, 2008

and this one time, at stats camp...

Stats camp is underway! Okay, the formal name is ICPSR, or the Inter Consortium for Political and Social Research. I am taking Categorical Data Analysis and Regression II: Linear Models, and I'm attending lectures on Matrix Algebra. Hey, don't navigate away from this page! You've stopped reading this, haven't you?

Okay, so some cool things (seriously, I am easily amused): ICPSR is headquartered in a neat-o undergrad residence. They've set up a library so we can check out books and articles, a computer lab, and study lounges. AND they have free, all you can drink coffee!!! (I am without a coffee maker, so this makes me very happy.) Other cool things: I found a Bruegger's Bagels and a Jimmy John's. I just got a fan, so my quality of life has improved significantly. And I took a walk tonight and saw fireflies, I mean lightning bugs! (Is that the name?)

So, I've met some nice people, and I've seen a few familiar faces. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NERD ALERT!!! Ha, just kidding.